Wednesday, August 20, 2008

fully coming out to my best friend about Hope

so, i finally did it. i was so nervous i could barely breathe, but the timing was right. my best friend and accountability partner ashley came in town. let me preface this by saying that before this conversation, she knew i was gay and totally accepting of it. she didnt, however, know about Hope, the love of my life. 

and i knew it was time to tell her. so i know i haven't blogged in a while, its because things have been crazy, but better late than never. especially with good news!

so she came over and i told her i hadn't been completely honest with her. i started in on everything. balling my eyes out the whole time. she listened so well and then i finally told her about Hope. 

it broke my heart because she was hurt. to see the hurt i caused her, i could see it in her eyes, killed me. but God went before me. she responded well and with grace. she had compassion on me and understood why i had to keep it from her to protect myself and Hope and our relationship. 

after the initial shock and hurt wore off, she was completely excited about our relationship. so, thank Jesus i have another friend who knows about the love of my life! its so freeing to get that out. 

so that makes 3 people who not only know about me being gay, but also who i am in love with.

God keeps providing. just wanted to give you guys an update. thanks for the support.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful to hear that God has brought Hope into your life and to also know that your friends like Ashley are supportive.

Remind yourself that you're not coming out to God. He knew when He called you to ministry so its not a surprise to Him.

You're on an exciting journey. I look forward to seeing what God will do in your life and ministry.

Rick Brentlinger

Anonymous said...

Way to bravely go where so many of us have to slowly go! It is not easy coming out to those we love and fear may reject us if they don't "understand" or cannot "accept" it. I am grateful to hear that your journey is progressing well! Yeah for you and Hope!!
Wendy

Anonymous said...

I am very happy for you. It is hard telling people things and waiting to see their reactions. I am so very happy that you have her friendship and support.

Fran said...

This is great! Thanks be to God!!