Tuesday, July 8, 2008

gotta love it!!! - www.sisterfriends-together.org

this website was huge in my entry into the thought that being gay and a christian didn't haven't to be a contradiction. but i hadn't visited the site since i started writing my parents the "i'm gay " letter about 3 months ago or so.

but for some reason tonite, i was drawn back to this amazing resource. and i'm not sure who is in charge, but i want to say thank you to them. i love the site and i love the resources. in fact, things i've read on sisterfriends-together.org have helped me tremendously as i continue writing this letter to my parents. 

it's so helpful to know i'm not alone. it's so helpful to know there are hundreds, thousands of people out there just like me. i am so encouraged tonight by what i read. if you haven't checked out their website, it's time!

www.sisterfriends-together.org

by the way, some of you have been asking and the letter writing is coming along well. there's just so much i wanna say and i know my parents. they will expect thorough-ness. and that is definitely what they will get. i know you're not gonna believe this, but the letter is already 21 pages long! wow. i know, my poor parents are gonna go blind before they can even decide how they feel about the news. 

the bright side is, however, that i'm almost done. i think i've almost said all i need to say.

so, i'm feeling good about the progression of things. i hope to give them the letter before christmas. not around christmas, because that would be horrible timing. but ya know, like november-ish. we'll see. God's timing is way better so i'm relying on Him. i sure wish He'd do that whole burning bush thing. 

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yes, that blog is amazing. It has been a HUGE blessing in my journey. Anita is in charge and many great women (and some men) have so many great things to add to what she shares. A fantastic ministry and community. So glad you found encouragement.

I'm really excited for you HIC. Many changes are going on and He is doing a mighty work in you.

I'm glad the letter is going well. Perhaps you should label it by chapters, so they can take it all in a chapter at a time. LOL! Totally kidding (you know that, right?). I think it's wonderful that you are laying it all out there.

Cheering you on.

Anonymous said...

I am so very grateful for Anita and sister-friends! I discovered the site years ago when it was "Christian lesbian.com" and it was as you say the first introduction I had to the thought that i could actually be a lesbian and still a Christian--not a contradiction! What a blessing!
Glad you letter is going well! I find now that I have to write one to my brother. Not so much coming out, but he is asking me to explain to him the whole "lifestyle choice" thing... it's been like 9 years... and he is just now asking me. And I admit, I am not looking forward to writing it... not because I am not proud... but because it gets tiring to have to "prove" to people what you believe, or maybe "explain" why I am where i am? Anyway... I wish you the best!!
Wendy

Anonymous said...

PS- Stephanie... You know... I have actually considered doing this letter to my brother in "chapter" form! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Don't send the letter. Search all the teachings of the bible and God not just the ones that agree with you.

Sane